We are currently looking for an eager paid media research intern to join our growing team at Michelson Alexander. If you or someone you know is interested and meets the criteria in the position description below – we would love to hear from you!
Overview of organisation
Michelson Alexander is a leading strategic communications and social impact firm. We provide specialist communications advice to corporate, government and not-for-profit clients to help achieve strategic objectives and make the future a better place. We operate at the nexus of policy, politics and public affairs and thrive in high pressure environments.
Overview of role
Michelson Alexander offers a competitive internship for university students to experience the communications industry firsthand. Interns conduct rigorous media research, develop creative and innovative ways to share information and have the opportunity to publish their content to our wide audience.
This internship can be aligned with university course credit (subject to university internship policies) and clear learning objectives will be established in consultation with participants prior to the program start. The program aims to develop industry-level skills through work on real-world projects and complement the studies of the successful applicant.
This is a paid internship on a part time basis for 3 months with a possible extension. The role is home-based until COVID-19 restrictions allow us to return to work in our Richmond office.
- Digital, traditional and industry-specific media monitoring.
- Preparing summaries of daily media research.
- Research and copywriting for Michelson Alexander.
- Close, collaborative work with senior communications professionals.
- Opportunity to receive career guidance and expand your professional network.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Current enrolment in/recent graduation from tertiary studies in any field.
- Excellent verbal and copywriting skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Innovative and creative approach to work.
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Interest in politics and current affairs.
- Passion to work with “for-purpose” clients.
Applications should be sent to Michelson Alexander Practice Manager Hayden Davies by email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a CV and cover letter that responds to the selection criteria above. Applications should be no more than three pages please.